Bo Peng wrote:
I think structureChanged() could possibly be used for other stuff, too,
though it's not at present. The call in ControlToc::updateBackend() goes
to the current buffer, though, which may have its own TOC, right?
void ControlToc::updateBackend()
{
        kernel().buffer().getMasterBuffer()->tocBackend().update();
        kernel().buffer().structureChanged();
}

is fine. Because it updates tocbackend from the master buffer; and
then fires structureChanged() from the current buffer, which is always
connected. structureChanged will update the TocPanel, with the
correctly updated Toc.
As I said in the other message, structureChanged() is connected to the master buffer anyway. So this was a red herring.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto