Bo Peng wrote:
So, something fishy is definitely going on, I'm looking into it now.

I think the first thing to do is to figure out the correct latex
syntax when other languages are used. Herbert said that only latin
language is supported so maybe non-latin language is not supported at
all in the listings caption.

Bo

Yeah, I've been skimming through the listings manual and I see that some languages (e.g., Hebrew) may be problematic. But I'm not clear on whether that includes the captions or not...

For starters, we can focus on the simplest case --- just plain english for everything...