Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I've just locally disabled any reaction to SelectionClear events in
GuiApplication::x11EventFilter(). I don't see any ill effects, and it
obviously makes the bug go away. Do we want X clearing the selection
for us, anyway? Who's the X expert around here?

The idea is that only one application should have the selection at the
same time. If you open two terminal windows (or one terminal and one
firefox), you will see that it is not possible to have a selection in
the two at the same time.
This depends. Selecting in Firefox clears the selection in Konsole, but not vice versa. Firefox has obviously chosen to ignore the SelectionClear event, and I'd propose we should do the same. Why should selecting in Firefox clear my carefully made selection in LyX?

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto