On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 04:26:23PM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:
> > How do I create such a .vcproj file? I'd like to have a look...
>
> Under development/scons, run 'scons mode=debug msvs_projects' and
> double click the generated lyx.vcproject file. You will have to (?)
> run 'scons intall' before you can debug in msvs.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/suse/usr/src/lyx/scons-msvc > scons -f
../trunk/development/scons/SConstruct mode=release msvs_projects

Hm. Guess this 'use_vc' is needed.

*grmpf* Even setting this explicitly does not bring me much further.
Cross building abilities are not exactly a strength of scons?

Could someone running on Windows please create a .vcproj file with scons
and send it to me?

> > > Not so with 'scons dist' etc are in.
> >
> > The first complete alternative (in the sense of 'full replacement for
> > what we use') wins...
>
> Yes.
>
> > So why are you expecting cmake to replace scons once scons is 'feature
> > complete'?
>
> Because cmake is supposed to be faster, and provide native build
> system support which appeals to some people. (I prefer a uniform
> interface).

Right now a scon null release build is 32 seconds, autotools is 18
seconds on my machine.

Given that one of the main reasons to abolish autotools is to reduce
development roundtrip times this does not bode well...

Andre'