On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 12:31:50PM +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>  Martin Vermeer wrote:

> >>  What about user created layouts?
> >>
> > They should remember to add stdinsets.inc. I don't believe there is an
> > easy automated way for this, as some layout files do it through
> > stdclass.inc,
> > scrclass.inc etc. Those user layouts that include these, should be safe.
>
>  OK, thanks for the explanation.

This is actually an ugly corner of LyX. There is no clean way to modify
the layout file tree in cases like this. But of course one could take it
philosophically and say that, just like with ERT, you're on your own if
you write your own layouts. I suppose it would be better if we had a
graphical interface to create layout files: then those would always
include, or offer to include whatever you need for a certain version
of LyX to get certain functionality. (But then, how to move old layout files
forward? Allow only one level of include?)

- Martin