On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 11:32:08PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 10:44:50AM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:

> > Our rule is that if something works, do not fix it. We will have to
> > show a clear advantage of switching to QProcess.

100% agreed.

> Maybe that's a surprise to everyone, but I could think of a few:
>
> - less code to maintain on our side

Debatable. You are tied to what a library offers, and if it doesn't
fit your need, you have to workaround it. Heck, I can't think that
we need an external library even for spawning a new process.

> - simpler code (no #ifdef _FOO_PLATFORM_ anymore)

Simply call platform_call() and define it in support/os_*.cpp.

> - more people are likely to know the sematics of QProcess than of
>   lyx::ForkedProcess

Hmm da dum...

> - less comments of the '// Racy of course, but it will do.' kind.

If it works, it works...

> But that's just for the record. I do not really have strong feelings in
> this particular case. [(yet)].

Me too.

--
Enrico