Jose,

I don't know how much of this you've seen at this point, but here is where this stands. The work is basically done, except for some lyx2lyx and the accompanying format change.

Some re-arranging type stuff went in a few days ago. I've just committed some re-factoring code in src/frontends/qt4/, as well, that was sent to the list three days ago. There are two more patches to go: (i) the actual module backend, also sent to the list three days ago, but which needs the format change and lyx2lyx; (ii) the frontend, which hasn't been sent to the list yet but will be once the rest is committed. There are also some issues posted at http://wiki.lyx.org/Devel/LayoutModularity.

One other question, for which you must be the right person. The modules are stored in the document like this:
\begin_modules
End To Foot
MyCharstyles
\end_modules
I don't see any option but just to strip this out. The only backwards-compatible way to handle modules would be to define a custom layout that included them, but doing that in lyx2lyx seems like a huge amount of work---though I suppose it could be done, and the custom layout exported along with the document. And if that is the way to go, I'm not sure I'm the right person to do it, so I propose for the moment to do the simple strip-em-out.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto