> > But what if configure.py is killed??
>
> This is what the try finally block is for: even when the program is killed,
> the finally routine is
> run in any way. OK, this is how it is done in Delphi and I don't know if
> there exists a try finally
> routine block in Python.
> But nevertheless I think my second design with the exceptions is better.

Python has a try/final statement but I am not 100% sure that the
'final' statements will be executed when the python process is
brutally killed.

> This would be a solution and then it doesn't matter if configure.py was
> killed.
> But configure.py should also with this solution not create empty files when
> an error oc occurs. At
> least the .lst file cleanup/creation at the beginning of the configure script
> should be removed.

I think this is a lyx.exe issue. Lyx should be started regardless of
the list files. If configure.py needs to be rerun, do a
tool->reconfigure, and lyx should restart itself.

I prefer this way because I think, at least under windows, lyx should
be started right away after it is installed, and run configure.py
afterwards.

Bo