I've got the inset working for once, currently the only useful part of it
is the fact that it can have the filename, will read, write and create the
latex output for it. Useful for me anyhow :-)

It also features a bug (the inset-delete-and-then-dialog-apply bug).

I'm now aiming to make it on par with insetfig in terms of the dialog so
that besides the inline viewing it can be a replacement.

I need help to understand how to do the resizing, I really have no idea
regarding how the resizing is done, I used the figinset as a black box.
I tried reading through its sources but couldn't really fathom how to do
that in the graphicx way. Any one can help here?

In insetfig there is a display frame and do translations buttons, the
frame I understand though I think it might mislead the user to think he'll
get a frame in the output too (see [*]), what does translation do?

[*] About the framing box, maybe the framed inset should have an option to
say, frame me, and use an owned inset to do that? Maybe with a global
feature of enveloping insets. Internal insets are something that depends
only on the inset itself.

--
  Baruch Even

http://techst02.technion.ac.il/~sbaruch/   (My Site)
http://rpghost.com/jindor/                 (My brothers AD&D site)

" Learn to laugh ... it's the path to true love! "
   - The Angel in the movie Michael