> Which reminds me of another yet-unstarted battle: Do we really want
> hard crashs as the prefered way to tell the user that there is something
> wrong in Denmark?

I have long thought of this. Many internal errors does not really
prevent lyx from functioning, but lyx simply crashes without even a
proper error message.  For example, if a cursor can not be placed
correctly, or if undo fails, lyx should continue to work.

I think this is a consequence of lyx' refusal to use try/catch
exceptions in the past, and is something that should be addressed. To
be dramatic, all BOOST_ASSERT should be ignored in the release mode...

Bo