Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/19919 - Fix DEPM crash within inset.
always clear the full text_metrics_ when doing a full update.
Applicable to branch?
In theory yes but this will have side effects within insets.

What kind of side effects?

I am not sure... maybe crashes, maybe cleared out text... In trunk, the only side effect (besides fixing the DEPM crash) was that I had to force full repaint in tabular cells. But a full repaint occurred anyway so no harm done. I'll tell you what, I'll produce a patch and let you test it and decide if it is safe or not.

OTOH, that may solve some of the not easily reproducible crashes that have been
reported.

Which ones?

Bo reported some crash IIRC. There were also problems with cursor positioning in table IIRC that may be solved by this.

Abdel.