Bo Peng wrote:
still think that an autogenerated properties dialog will be even better
though...

This is exactly what I proposed.

oops

The whole idea is not that difficult, we simply need a few text files
with fields like

parameter name, group name, type, hint, default value, validation
type, validation parameter

Then, a property list like what qt designer has can be generated using
this list. The user can change the options and the dialog would return
an option list. Some code can be borrowed from InsetListingsParams.

something like that yeah

However, this is very Qt/Gui intensive and I certainly do not have the
needed knowledge to do it. As a matter of fact, I asked help for
similar things when I design the listing dialog but everyone was busy.

people were busy and you were in a rush i seem to remember ;-)

i would be prepared to spend some time (when available) on the qt part though

this seems to be related to richard's modules (i didn't look at that closely though so i could be wrong). we should avoid duplication. richard any wisdom from your side? (i know, stupid thing to ask a philosoper)