On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 11:31 +1000, Darren Freeman wrote:
> Suggestion: A dialogue could ask whether the user wants to update the
> existing preview, thus only one menu item is required for each file
> format to preview. They need only one set of keybindings, plus two more
> for "Update existing" and "Open new preview". One of those could be the
> default so it's really "Enter" plus one more ("N" for example). Maybe a
> third option "Cancel" in case I didn't perform any edits and I forgot it
> was open on another desktop or whatever.

Further suggestion:

Add three radio buttons to the configuration dialogue, under "Action to
perform when a preview is still open", which would be "Ask what to do",
"Always update the existing preview", and "Always open a new preview".

The above suggested preview dialogue would only appear if the first
radio button is set. A (deselected) check box would be added to the
dialogue, for "Always do this", which sets one of the other radio
buttons in the configuration dialogue based on the action chosen.
(Except in the case of Cancel...)

Have fun,
Darren