On Saturday 15 September 2007 22:10:07 Roberto Franceschini wrote:
> I'm just saying that one side LyX is the best word processor, but on
> the other side most of the people, dumb like mule, stick to LaTeX just
> because it's the standard de-facto.

What is a standard depends a lot on what people are used to. IMHO there is no
such a thing as a latex standard there are instead lots of local standards.

I have see people using \be for \begin{equation}, \ee for \end{equation} and
for languages that use accents lots of other funny (and weird) definitions to
allow the use of accented characters.

So for me a standard latex is a urban legend, everyone talks about it but no
one ever saw it. ;-)

--
José Abílio