Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Tommaso Cucinotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

That would then be opened whenever the child was, and the various
settings imported (which, in the code, may mean no more than giving
the two documents the same BufferParams).
Infact, I was just thinking at smth. like that. The main point I
think would be avoiding replication of information between the
master and child. Their infos are merged only by LyX at run-time for
the various purposes (at least previewing and macro expansion).

We discussed several times the idea of giving the child document the
same bufferparams as its master. This is quite easy to do, but I would
be surprised to see that it works without hurdles... We should do it
anyway.
From a UI POV, we could disable Document>Settings for the child to
show what happens in an obvious way (and maybe add a Document>Master
settings...).
It seems early enough in the 1.6.x cycle to do this if someone has the time. I'm afraid I don't.

Richard