On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 06:49:00PM +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
> Martin Vermeer wrote:
>
> > Oops. Too difficult.
>
> I don't think so. Just look how the two variants of sqrt (\sqrt{a}{b} and
> \sqrt[a]{b}{c}) are handled and copy the relevant portions of code. If you
> think that you do not really understand how the different parts of mathed
> work together make Andre write some documentation :-)

You already gave all the documentation that's needed: Look through the
insets to find something similar and just copy it. In this particular
case 'grep -i sqrt' in src/mathed indeed does all the relevant places:
InsetMathSqrt, MathParser and MathFactory.

Andre'

PS: That's not to say that some documentation won't help. But it's
certainly one of there areas of LyX where missing documentation does
not hurt as much as in other places.