Darren Freeman wrote:
On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 11:26 +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Darren Freeman wrote:
On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 17:58 +1000, Darren Freeman wrote:
I'm now going to test the patched version to see if the slowness comes
back at all.
Okay it came back fairly soon but I can't always clear it by resizing
the window.. why, oh why?
The phase of the moon.

More seriously.. :)

One thing that has nagged at me for a little while, is could it be
swap-related?

If LyX occupies more than 40 megs of RAM and keeps increasing then there is a memory leak and that could well be the origin of your problem. Here, LyX only occupies 34 megs with the UserGuide loaded...

With 1Gb of RAM, LyX should not ever put into swap if you are actually using it. If it goes to swap then your system is crappy. Just look at the memory occupation of LyX and you'll get an immediate answer.

Abdel.