Pavel Sanda schrieb:

Could you please test this by exporting the German EmbeddedObjects manual I just uploaded to SVN trunk?

Trying to export with pdflatex or ps2pdf (tetex 3.0 here):

Caught "normal" exception: boost::filesystem::last_write_time
Error: Encoding error
Some characters of your document are probably not representable in the chosen
encoding.
Changing the document encoding to utf8 could help.

tetex 3 has some buggy character tables. I added recently a workaround:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/20223
Dou you use the latest unicodesymbols file from trunk? If so, could you please export the document to latex and rund pdflatex manually to look what character is the the problem?

thanks and regards
Uwe