Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

But of course I can change all the inset names to uppercase, if you'd
prefer. Let me know which. One or the other should be done.
I prefer lowercase personally. I think the capitalized version is
intended to look goo in the GUI.
Good, that's easier.
Note that, since the various insets' write() routines use name(), we
can get the right string written by just changing how name() is
defined, thus:
docstring name() const { string const n =
Inset::untranslate(lyxCode()); return from_ascii(n); }
I would be a good idea to change name() to return a std::string,
actually.
Also easier.

I propose not to do that kind of cleanup immediately. Looking at it quickly, I can see that there are places it will get messy. All the non-command insets will need to get a more common form in LyX files, which is not now true, and some command insets (FloatList, e.g., and Include) even now don't fit the right format. For this reason, name() seems to be used for pretty various things, and all of that would need sorting out. So, if it's OK, I'll put some FIXMEs in the right places for now, and come back to it once I've finished sorting out the InsetCommand stuff. (Re-working the Include representation is actually part of that.)

Richard