John Levon wrote:
> This I think is the difficult bit. Where are they stored, and how are
> they transmitted? "It's a layout thing" won't do...

I think we will have to store some of then in the document.

We already had this discussion. I think we ended with three kind of char
styles:

a.) global char styles, stored in some prefs file
b.) char styles with document-class wide scope (probably related to Richards
modules idea and basically what we have now)
c.) char styles with document-wide scope only. These should be stored in the
document.

c.) should override b.) should override a.), probably. But all this needs to
be discussed yet.

Jürgen