On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:09:12 +0200
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Martin Vermeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Yes, I understand that. Two different things.
>
> I know you do.
>
> > And I would maintain that this is a _perceived_ non-readiness mostly -- to
> > people that are 'indoctrinated' by the font attribute way of doing things.
>
> The example of colors in mathed is a good one. One should not have to
> dissolve the color inset and then insert a new one to change color.

But we don't even have a GUI for this (do we?) That would be a higher
priority at this point.

> I'd be disappointed if this is all we can do with it. As it is the
> font-as-inset is functional, logical, but not very exciting. Looks
> like it has been designed by the french bureaucracy ;)
>
> What I write above is not about the charstyles (which are great), but
> the look-and-feel of the underlying technology. Apple would not have
> done it like that.

I'm sure there is many things we could improve. Toggle-same-type would
certainly be an idea. As would a dialogue for changing type (been thinking
about that). But we should not try to shoehorn an inappropriate paradigm.

> JMarc

- Martin