I am working on an Export class that allows exporting a lyx file to
an arbitrary format (this includes the requested feature of exporting to PDF).
The class is configured from lyxrc, e.g.,
\converter dvi ps "dvips '$$FName' -o '$$OutName'"
\converter ps pdf "ps2pdf '$$FName' '$$OutName'"

I have two questions:

1. The \converter command make the old \dvi_to_ps_command etc. commands
obsolete. Should I remove these commands, or keep them as an alias to the
\converter command?

2. What is the purpose of Buffer::Dispatch() ?
It is only used when running lyx with --export flag (LyX::LyX), but why
not use LyXFunc::Dispatch() instead ?