On 10/17/07, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The reason seems to be that configure recognizes the compiler as gcc
> whereas it is not gcc. Could you send (privately maybe) your
> config.log file so that I investigate this?

The compiler is gcc 3.3 with some modifications by Apple. Bennett is
stating that gcc 4.0 is required and the use of gcc 4.0 specific flags
in the configure script would be inline with this. I am happy to send
you the log file but it may be wise to check with the people
experienced with the Mac port about how locked in they are to the
latest 10.4 version of OSX.

Alternatively, if someone can confirm that I can still build an X
version of lyx without the Apple stuff then I will keep going trying
to compile lyx now and again.