On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Etienne Grossmann wrote:

> this patchlet sets the Portuguese language name to "portugues" rather
> than "portuges", as it is now. With this fix, spelling works correctly
> in Portuguese documents; otherwise, it doesn't (linux 2.2.15, Debian
> "potato", ispell 3.1.20 with "portugues" dictionary).

Will not this break things in non-Debian systems? For historical reasons,
LaTeX ever used "portuges" instead of "portugues" (probablly to deal with
the 8.3 filename limitation of some operating systems). For similar
reasons it uses "brazil" instead of "brasil" as we spell here.

BTW, nothing prevents you from having a dictionary named "portugues". I
have been doind that in Slackware Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD for the last
two years.

--
Carlos A. M. dos Santos

Federal University of Pelotas         Meteorological Research Center
Av. Ildefonso Simoes Lopes 2791       Pelotas, RS, Brasil, CEP 96060-290
WWW: http://www.cpmet.ufpel.tche.br   RENPAC (X.25): 153231641
Phone: +55 53 277-6767                FAX: +55 53 277-6722