Since a while now I use Qt 4.3 to compile LyX with success. But when I check in modifiactions to .ui-files, they cannot be compiled by those who use Qt 4.2.

I looked at the announcement files of Qt 4.3 but couldn't find a hint that Qt 4.3's ui format is different, so what can be the problem?

I'm not able to use Qt 4.2's designer when the rest is Qt 4.3, because designer checks for the system-wide Qt setting. As this is "Qt 4.3" Qt 4.2's designer complained about this and don't start. When I change Qt system config to "Qt 4.2" designer starts, but I can then not compile LyX using Qt 4.3.

Any ideas, or have you perhaps read something about .ui-file format changes in Qt 4.2? In case there was something changed in the format, I wonder that Qt 4.3's designer don't have an export function to produce Qt 4.2's .ui format.

regards Uwe