Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 06:25:31PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

If somebody use the docstream with latin8 character we will have bugs
for sure.
How could we forbid 8bit chars to operator<<? By implementing a
private version?

Sort of. Declare but not implement it.

Problem is... that it is already implemented:

inline
odocstream & operator<<(odocstream & os, char c)
{
    os.put(c);
    return os;
}

Putting an BOOST_ASSERT(false) here or throwing an exception would achieve what you want JMarc.

But we cannot do that right now because this operator is used by mathed. Andre', I think the next big thing in mathed is to move to unicode and to remove any font related business from there.

WriteStream & operator<<(WriteStream & ws, char c)
{
        if (ws.pendingSpace()) {
                if (isAlphaASCII(c))
                ws.pendingSpace(false);