Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
This patch (for trunk) mostly fixes the problem. The downside is that
the inset is not automatically "uncollapsed" when you leave the inset
after an automatic opening. The inset might also refuse to collapse if
the cursor is within it in another view.

So we end up again with all footnotes open after spell checking or find&replace?

With this patch yes. But we can also move the opening/closing to the LFUN themselves which would be easy.

If I had the choice (and it boils down to an either/or), I'd rather do without mouse hover.

No, mouse hover is just a symptom. Multiple views synchronization of the inset status is the real problem.

Abdel.