On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> Ok now it compiled and linked ok, I'll commit this soon!

Ok. thanks.

> Some more observations:
> - I had to recode the patch as it was terminated with LFCR instead of only CR!

Hmpf, How do I tell cvs diff to use only CR? Or maybe it was vim?

> - This warnings apear you should fix them:
I know about them and will fix them, but I first wanted to get something
checked in so there will be some benefit of progress. (and I'll have an
off-site backup).

> - In some files you didn't respect the indentation (probably you use a tab=4
>   and so don't see if you indent with tab or with 4 spaces!)

I do use tab=4 and I think I also set vim to use spaces instead of tabs,
I'll check this and fix my vim config.

> - I made some small modifications look at the ChangeLog when I commit.

Will do so.

> - Why don't you open the Dialog when creating a new inset, IMO this should
>   be done as you normally have to do it and this would save a mouseclick on
>   the inset.

My mistake. Will be fixed. I concentrated on the dialog itself, and didn't
touch anything outside of it, this needs to be done when the inset is
inserted and so it didn't occur to me.

> - It would be really nice to have a preview button on the inset.

I first need to be able to convert image formats for inlining, I will add
a preview, possibly inline preview so you'll see what image you just
chosen. But I'd rather leave that to some later point of time, it's less
important (IMHO).

> I didn't really have a look at the code, but this is definitively the way
> to go, we now only need the inline-viewing :)

It will be coming soon, I hope. At least now you have the first stage and
if I'm gone or too busy someone can pick this up.

I believe I documented it fairly good (at least better than the rest of
LyX :-) so it should be possible to take over it if needed.

--
  Baruch Even

http://techst02.technion.ac.il/~sbaruch/   (My Site)
http://rpghost.com/jindor/                 (My brothers AD&D site)

" Learn to laugh ... it's the path to true love! "
   - The Angel in the movie Michael