Hi all,

Not sure if I'm the one that munged this (quite possible), but in the 1.5.x version of amsmaths.inc, the 'thm' theorem type is defined (in the preamble) as part of the Theorem style. The implication of this is that if other styles (such as lemma) that are defined based on thm are invoked before the first (if any) theorem, then lines appear in the preamble referencing 'thm' before the lines defining 'thm'. This was reported on the user list.

The fix is to move the declaration of 'thm' to the preamble separate from the Theorem style. I've attached a patch, and put an updated version on the wiki. This doesn't affect 1.4.x (where 'thm' is already defined outside the Theorem style). I tested this briefly; it doesn't *seem* to break anything.

Would whoever is the Benevolent God of Layouts care to commit this for the next release?

/Paul
42a43,48
> # Define thm up front, in case it is invoked by a lemma/conjecture/...
> # before the first (if any) instance of Theorem.
> Preamble
>        \theoremstyle{plain}
>        \newtheorem{thm}{Theorem}[section]
> EndPreamble