Jürgen> Answering to your question, if the above problem is none (means that we don't
Jürgen> permit linebreaks which are not real linebreaks) then the use of parbox can
Jürgen> be automatically choosen.

For what it's worth, I think that this option should be thrown out. It's
counter-intuitive and a hack to get around the real problem: no horizontal
scroll bar. I also think that the real place to put the horizontal scroll bar
is in the InsetTabular, not on the main lyx window. (After all, the only things
that require more width are the tables and, for the time-being), the figures.)

Would this be sooooo... hard to do?

Angus