Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>> Wouldn't it suffice to update
>> the x-ref window if and only if a new label has been declared?

That would be ideal yes. Come and have a look at the source code to see if it easy to do ;-)

I thought about this a bit, and it's a little harder: You'd also want to update when a label was deleted. So here's one possibility: Turn off the update of the xref window and declare some sort of signal to be called in the InsetLabel constructor and destructor, which signal would be connected to the update method for GuiReference. I guess the GuiReference window would have to manage its own connections. But this is a little beyond me, at the moment.

Richard