I checked out 1.6 on friday, and noticed some problems:

* Invisible document
Brought up two documents with "lyx doc1.lyx doc2.lyx"
doc1.lyx seemed normal, but doc2.lyx came up with an empty
main window!  The scrollbar was present though. I scrolled through
half the document, and suddenly the document became visible.
doc2.lyx is the longer document of the two, more text and more paragraphs.

* painting errors
I saw this a couple of times, but can't reproduce reliably:
while typing into the middle of a paragraph, the new text
is painted on top of the old, i.e. the old is not erased first.
So the line gets very black after typing a word or two (this
changes the interword spacing on the whole line, which is
overlayed on top of the old line layout.) When the line
breaking changes, the entire paragraph messes up
the same way. Scrolling a little fixes everything.

Using qt 4.3.2 from debian linux.
Helge Hafting