Bennett Helm wrote:
Any other possibility for a (temporary) workaround until it gets fixed in Qt???

Two possibilities, but you're not going to like them:

1. Use the mouse to switch windows.

I don't know of any keyboard-based solutions.

Thanks Bennett.

My problem is actually not so much that I would NEED keyboard-based window switching in LyX - I can live well without it.

The problem is that nevertheless sometimes I DO use the standard key-combination (e.g. to jump to/from a dialog box that I left open) and then harm is caused (without me noticing it).

So let me reword the question:
Can I somehow (completely) disable the leftquote key in LyX, as a workaround to this bug?

/Konrad