Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
But this inserts a pagebreak, right? I don't think it's a good idea to enter
pagebreaks at each language switch (moreover, the fix does not work for
me).

I also found that page break actually doesn't solve the problem (previously, I succeeded because I mistakenly used platex instead of latex as a compiler). It compiles somehow, but output is wrong. I included *three* Japanese characters in title, but output contains only two with totally different characters.

However, it seems that the following works:

\title{Header problem in second page with \begin{CJK}{EUC-JP}{}???\end{CJK}}

Yes, this makes compilation finish, but output is again not correct.

Anyway, let's put in the fix first and address this problem afterwards.
Else, the patch gets too complicated.

Yes, I agree. This problem may be related to only AMS styles and can be very complicated. By changing the style to normal article, the problem disappears. Also, I found some CJK users were arguing about the same problem on the net. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a solution, but only suggestion I could find was "don't use AMS styles with CJK" (sigh).

Koji