On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:55:07AM +1800, Bo Peng wrote:

> > How "offically"? "Cygwin official" or "Trolltech offcial"?
>
> If someone adds 'official' cygwin/qt4 to cygwin, I will be able to
> release lyx1.5.x/lyx officially. Maybe Enrico can step in. :-)

The point is that the Cygwin maintainers want a Qt4/X11 version,
so there's no hope to see my port becoming official. On the other
end, they want that official packages compile by using only
packages already present in their distribution. This means that
there's no hope that my port of LyX becomes official, either.

You could at least release LyX 1.4.5.1, as the current official
Cygwin version is 1.4.4, meaning that documents produced by 1.5.x
cannot be loaded.

See also
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/43262/focus=43268

--