Pavel Sanda wrote:
hi,

in http://www.lyx.org/devel/translation.php we have:

Keyboard maps allow users to type in various languages. They allow you either
to remap single keys, or to map combinations of keys to certain accented or
other characters. To make a new kmap, you just have to create a .kmap file.

can somebody enlighten me about this? are keymaps still used or this is some
leftover from the time there was no propoer keyboard support under X11? don't
remember i need it any time i worked with lyx still our FAQ suggest thats
needed for typing in various languages.

pavel

Hi!

Yes, keymaps are still used! This comes up every few months, see the last discussion we had about this at http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel/88939 .

I still hope to one day get to the possible improvements that I mention in that thread, but it won't be anytime soon...

Meanwhile, please don't do anything that will hurt the keymaps!

Dov