rgheck wrote:

Thoroughly? Hard to know. Perhaps we should wait a bit and see if we get any problems in trunk.

It should be fine in trunk but I am not sure it is 100% safe in branch. There are a number of calls to start/stopBlinkingCursor(), some of those are important because we don't want to do something else while processing a mouse or keyboard event for example. I reckon those things are cleaner in trunk so there should be no problem but, as I said I am not sure about branch. The safest solution would be the stop the general timer you introduced when entering stopBlinkingCursor() and restarting it when leaving startBlinkingCursor(). Maybe we should do that in trunk too but I'll let you decide.

I'll patch it into my local 1.5.4svn tree, which is what I used for actual work, and see if I run into anything bad. Others should do so, too, please. I guess the main thing for someone to test here is that forked calls still work right. I don't use any graphics and such so I'm not sure how to test it.

This is a bit different in branch. The attached patch is what we need here. I don't know if people will think this is OK: I'm checking QApplication::cursorFlashTime() in frontends::WorkArea. In principle, I guess that's a no-no, since we're not in frontends/qt4, but it doesn't really matter, since there isn't any other frontend and, in trunk, everything is changed, anyway.

Yep, does not matter IMO.

Abdel.