Vasek Smidl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yeah, I think it is the latter.
> In changeset/3881 the detection is:
>   (IsFileReadable(MakeAbsPath(params().filename, buf->filePath()))
>
> while now it is:
>    isFileReadable(params().filename);
>
> So it is checked by a different function, (lowercase is* in place of
> uppercase Is*). So I guess that some detection (perhaps related to
> missing "MakeAbsPath") is not being done.

The change of case is just a general renaming that we did at some
point in time. I do not think that the change you outline can be
responsible for problems with files that are found through latex.

> Before I go further in investigating this I would like to know if
> there is a general agreement whether files on latex paths
> (kpsewhich) should or should not be visible to LyX.

Personally, I think we should do that. You should have a look at

/**
 * Search a TeX file in all locations the latex compiler would search it,
 * with the help of kpsewhich.
 * The current working directory must be set correctly, so that relative
 * names work.
 * \param fil The filename to search
 * \param format The file format as used by kpsewhich, e.g. "bib", "bst" etc.
 */
FileName const findtexfile(std::string const & fil,
                              std::string const & format);

which probably does what you want. It may make more sense however to
have a version that requires a reference directory as argument.