On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Juergen Vigna wrote:

> >| Hmm, ok, but then I need to save it to some format that I can read, the
> >| only thing I can depend on is XPM, since we already depend on the xpm
> >| library. I'll check that out.
> >
> > Sure tis is easy: gs -sDEVICE=x11 -sOutputfile=tmp
> > (or wat ever devide that gs --help shows)
>
> Maybe:
>
> gs  -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=x11 -sOutputFile=tmpfilename

Actually none of them does, as none of them cause a write to file, both
will open a window show it and close, saving nothing.

I'll either need to use a write to file (which is not an XPM as gs doesn't
do XPM), or use the old method.

I prefer the old method (letting gs draw on a window) since it requires
less work on an X machine, any other option will require a method to load
a file from the disc and will make gs become only a transformation tool.

Lars, you formerly said that XForms can load various formats, I've found
no way to do that, besides XPM and X bitmaps, can you give a pointer?

--
  Baruch Even

http://techst02.technion.ac.il/~sbaruch/   (My Site)
http://rpghost.com/jindor/                 (My brothers AD&D site)

" Learn to laugh ... it's the path to true love! "
   - The Angel in the movie Michael