Attached is a file patch_baruch.tar.gz that includes a patch and four
additional files to be added to the src/graphics/ directory.

The tar.gz file should be opened in the lyx-devel directory and will put
the files in place requiring only the application of the patch.

The patch fixes the problem of crashing when editing the image and
applying. The problem was that the cache methodology was incorrect and
also attributed to the fact that I so far didn't make the
GraphicsCacheItem reference counted. This has been fixed.

Issues with this patch:
To do my deeds I'm calling the function BufferView::updateInset() from
inside the InsetGraphics::draw() function, it run here fine, but is it ok?
how else can I implement it?

BufferView::updateInset() accepts a non const version of the object
pointer, I haven't really read the source but does it change the inset?
should it change the inset? If not we should make it receive a Inset const
* instead.

--
  Baruch Even

http://techst02.technion.ac.il/~sbaruch/   (My Site)
http://rpghost.com/jindor/                 (My brothers AD&D site)

" Learn to laugh ... it's the path to true love! "
   - The Angel in the movie Michael

patch_baruch.tar.gz