I'm reading the ButtonPolicy classes now and I'm writing these comments as
I go along.

1. To use the map for the state machine transition table you can map based
on a pair<current, input> and the result can be the output.

2. I remember seeing on the cpptips mailing list a mention to a state
machine compiler, in which you give it a state machine as a table or the
like and it outputs the C++ code to run through it, maybe we can put it to
use here too (too much hand coding for a state machine that is easier to
explain and read as a table)

--
  Baruch Even

http://techst02.technion.ac.il/~sbaruch/   (My Site)
http://rpghost.com/jindor/                 (My brothers AD&D site)

" Learn to laugh ... it's the path to true love! "
   - The Angel in the movie Michael