José Matos wrote:
On Wednesday 12 March 2008 14:13:49 Stefan Schimanski wrote:
Citing our webpage:

   "A first alpha version of LyX 1.6.0 will be released later this week
    for those who like the bleeding edge experience." 24/02/08

Is there any big must-have feature which we should wait for? Otherwise
I would propose to make it in the next days, maybe the weekend. I
think the current version does feel quite ok for an alpha release.

Last time I have proposed this all hell got loose. We had several code refactorization in the last couple of weeks. :-)

Now that things are beginning to get calmer I think that we are again on track to release an alpha version and to set the time table to a beta release.

Other than Juergen who has another feature waiting in the backburner? How much time do you need to put the feature in?

No feature here. And I promise to stop refactoring. There's just one fairly minor thing left to do, and I'm talking with Abdel now about how to do it.

With this time estimate I would like to have a proposed date set to beta before releasing the alpha.

  What do you think?

All of this sounds good to me.

rh