Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:22:15PM +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 09:53:08PM +0100, Pavel Sanda wrote:
hi,

does anybody know whether is possible for one process to own different
windows on different X displays ?
Conceptionally there should be no _X_ problem at all 'interesting' X
functions take a Display argument, and I see no reason why one should
not be able to feed different values there.
However, I doubt this will work with Qt:
qx11info_x11.h:    static Display *display();
(dream: "lfun-new-window-on-display 15" will let more people to share
one document online.)
Not within the next few years ;-)
Actually, I don't think we're so far away from that dream ;-)
Concurrent editing is something that is not conceptually very different from multi-view, we just need to 'lock' the lfun server while a view is being edited.

The Gui would need to run in a separate process as right now there's (at
most) one X Display per Qt process and it is rather unlikely to change.

I didn't know that...

And we are still a bit away from a "real" GUI/Core separation.

Right.

Abdel.