On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > Maybe being the only person using LyX 1.6.0 for real work, I think
>   > that LyX is ready for an alpha version.
>
>  LyX is indeed ready for an alpha release. But there are many bugs to fix to
> be able to use LyX 1.6
>  for real work. Here's just a list of regressions targetted for LyX 1.6.0:
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/2ndnqc

You're right, there's still very much to do. But it is possible to
work (with minor limitations) with LyX 1.6.0, I am doing it and for
some of the bugs there are workarounds (e.g. "pasting to table cells
is not possible" => "Paste special -> Plain text" works). Only very
few bugs make the use of certain features completely unusable (like
4607 which blocks program listings).

However, I am pretty sure that the people will still be stunned by LyX
1.6.0-Alpha.

Regards
Dominik