Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Bo, Richard,

This all business seems very complicated. May I suggest that you use the same technique as for labels and refs? I am talking about initView()/updateLabels()/addToToc(). Don't be mislead by the method names, those should be renamed to:

* initView(): initBufferContext(), should be used when Buffer is set, when or when a critical parameter is changed. * updateLabels(): updateBufferContext(), used to adapt labels and context dependent parameters.

* addToToc(): I am not how to rename this one or if we should anyway.

This might be an excellent suggestion. We could actually do the needed synchronization in these methods, right? I'd have to study the code more to know exactly where and how to do that. (Should something happen in InsetBibtex::updateLabels()? Or should there be some call in buffer_funcs::updateLabels() itself?) On the other hand, updateLabels() gets called a lot, and we don't need to synchronize that often....

rh