(I have now re-subscribed to the list. No need to reply to me individually any more.)

When launching a recent CVS version of lyx (no document), I get the following
warning messages:

LyX: Unknown LyX function `buffer-view-ps' [around line 47 of file
/usr/local/share/lyx/bind/cua.bind]
LyX: Unknown LyX function `buffer-typeset' [around line 48 of file
/usr/local/share/lyx/bind/cua.bind]
LyX: Unknown LyX function `buffer-typeset-ps' [around line 49 of file
/usr/local/share/lyx/bind/cua.bind]
LyX: Unknown LyX function `buffer-view-ps' [around line 37 of file
/usr/local/share/lyx/bind/menus.bind]
LyX: Unknown LyX function `buffer-typeset' [around line 38 of file
/usr/local/share/lyx/bind/menus.bind]
LyX: Unknown LyX function `buffer-typeset-ps' [around line 39 of file
/usr/local/share/lyx/bind/menus.bind]
MenuItem(): LyX command `buffer-view-ps' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `buffer-typeset' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `buffer-typeset-ps' does not exist.

These bind files are up to date.
The code was compiled with Dekel's new export code enabled.

Opening a document, I find that the File menu contains:

View dvi
View Postscript
View ->
Update dvi
Update Postscript
Update ->

Of these, "View Postscript", "Update dvi" and "Update Postscript" are greyed
out and disabled.

The "View->" and "Update->" submenus are empty

Running the "View dvi" command, I get the following error message:

Can not convert file
Unknown format tex

What have I done wrong? Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Angus