Hi,

1) The "Insert/Note" option, is a reasonable way for including
   comments into the lyx file; at least that's how I use "Note".
However, viewing such a comment-note needs a popup, which is not
convenient. It would be nicer to toggle it inside the text, similar
to footnotes and marginal notes.

2) Maybe a change of name could be considered: replace "Note" by
   "Comment". It's more obvious (to me!) that a Comment does not
show up in the final text, unlike foot/margin-notes.

3) An automatic conversion from Latex comments into LyX comments
   and vice versa would be a nice feature.

Regards,

Rob.