On 14 Sep 2000, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> John> I assume you just mean the relative path not the full path yes ?
>
> Relative to what? This is the full path, but shortened to begin with
> "~/" if in your home directory. Of course, this will not look nice for
> documentation...
>
> Ideas?
>
> JMarc

That was indeed my concern :)

this can also be a problem if you're not working from your home dir. I can
see this happening a lot (personally when I used to do collab work, rather
than sanely using CVS or similar, we just all worked on an exported NFS
share with a *long* path).

Maybe you can make this an option ? I can't think of any way of reliably
knowing when the user won't be able to see the end of the path string in
the titlebar :/

I would suggest to default to full/relative path on a certain length,
otherwise just filename, so the standard thing can get 95% of the cases
right.

What do you think ?

thanks
john

--
"Mathemeticians stand on each other's shoulders while computer scientists
 stand on each other's toes."