Christopher Reeve wrote:
Hi Richard, I'm just testing LyX 1.6rc1 and still have the same problem as 1.6beta4. That is, I have lost my sub-figure captions, eg my (a)'s, (b)'s and (c)'s...

Below is the LaTeX before and after importing to 1.60rc1. Let me know if you need a LyX snippet and I'll try and find it.

It looks like what's missing are the \subfigure bits. Apparently the lyx2lyx conversion is messing this up. If you could send a LyX snippet, that'd be helpful.

I'm away on vacation for a week or so, so no rush.

rh

Cheers,

Chris.

LaTeX with 1.56:

\begin{figure}[bh]
\begin{centering}
\subfigure[]{\includegraphics[width=0.47\columnwidth]{pics/epsn3154}}~~~~~~~\subfigure[]{\includegraphics[width=0.47\columnwidth]{pics/LNGSmap}}
\par\end{centering}

\caption[The Gran Sasso mountain LNGS laboratory plan.]{\label{fig:GranSassoPicAndLab}The Gran Sasso (great stone) mountain
(a) and LNGS laboratory plan (b) shows the early and current location
of the COBRA experiment. Locations of the mentioned DBD experiments
that are/were located at LNGS are also shown. Map adapted from \cite{LNGSplan}. }

\end{figure}

LaTeX with 6.0rc1

%
\begin{figure}[bh]
\begin{centering}
\includegraphics[width=0.47\columnwidth]{\lyxdot \lyxdot /thesis_20071126/pics/epsn3154}~~~~~~~\includegraphics[width=0.47\columnwidth]{pics/LNGSmap}
\par\end{centering}

\caption[The Gran Sasso mountain LNGS laboratory plan.]{\label{fig:GranSassoPicAndLab}The Gran Sasso (great stone) mountain
(a) and LNGS laboratory plan (b) shows the early and current location
of the COBRA experiment. Locations of the mentioned DBD experiments
that are/were located at LNGS are also shown. Map adapted from \cite{LNGSplan}. }

\end{figure}

Chris

Christopher Reeve wrote:
    Hi,

    - subfigures-
    I am currently writing a thesis and have been using subfigures extensively.
    I actually liked the method in 1.5 (despite the drawbacks) namely for its
    simplicity. I guess I was only using it to keep track of the (a), (b)...

    labels and that it was faster to select the subfigure option than any
    other way to neat little (a) and (b).

    Now the more advanced subfigure package is supported it seems no backward
    support is offered for the old system, which means I have lost all my (a)'s,

    (b)'s and (c)'s etc. Any chance of still including the old method as a
    hidden alternative or do you think someone could write a macro to convert
    the old subfigures to the new format?

There were some bugs in the conversion routine that have since been fixed...I hope. It turns out to be very difficult to get this right. Please check the next released (or better yet compile from svn) and let us know precisely what's not being converted. We'll try to fix it.