On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Angus Leeming wrote:

> I have found one more bug. Patch attached.
>
> l've only got as far as trying to compile FormUrl.C because things die in
> qevent.h:
>
> So far, I haven't got any further than this.

Qt seems to have some horrible interactions with the X headers. If you
don't have them in the exact right order, you get an #error :(

> Incidentally, I haven't actually configured my setup to use kde, just hacked
> the Makefile in src/frontends/kde a little. I'm running kde2.0Beta4 on this
> box. It was compiled my someone in Austria, I expect with g++. I run cxx
> here. Am I right in saying that I won't be able to link in the libraries
> because the two compilers are incompatible? Anybody got any opinions
> on/experiences of this?
>
> Angus

I don't know anything about this ... but there is no ABI standard used by
all C++ compilers yet, although one is on the way with g++ 3.0 ...

But I don't think you'll get too far with kde2.0 !

You need to install kde 1.1.x at least. That's why there are --with-qt-*
and --with-kde-* options - I use KDE2.0 sometimes at home as well, but I
have all the kde 1.1.x stuff under /usr/kde11.

KDE2 comes later

I'm 95% sure that KDE2 and Qt2 are not designed to be totally backward
compatible...

john

--
"There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."
        - Oscar Levant